Saturday, October 8, 2011

Depression Awareness month


Hello Ladies! I saw Scrangie and Aurora's nails do blog posts on October Depression Awareness month. To view Scrangie's click here and Aurora's nails click here.  I decided to post a blog entry myself,  because I was depressed after being laid off from my job in January 2010.  It was the first time in my life I've been unemployed and I felt useless because I couldn't get a job. Who would think in this day and age a college graduate with 11 years experience couldn't find work? I was very sad for a long time and the only thing that gave me strength were my two children. I HAD to get better to care for them. It may not be as easy for everyone else. With that said, I also have a soft spot in heart for mental health due to relatives in my family suffering from various forms of this disease including depression. Please spread the word, you never know who you can help!
Depression is medical condition that affects people of all genders, races, ages, and income levels. People who are depressed feel more than sadness or "the blues." They feel hopeless and suffer deep emotional pain for prolonged periods. Depression can cause dysfunction in every aspect of one's life. 
  Nearly one in five Americans will experience depression sometime in their lifetime, and more than 19    
  Million Americans suffer from a depressive disorder each year.

  For more information about depression please visit National Institute Of Mental Health

  World Mental Health day is October 10th
  National Mental Health Screening day is October 11th

  To show my support,  here are a few of my favorite green shades, Green is the color of Depression        
  Awareness.









Thanks for viewing and Please spread the word!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!

Powered By Blogger